3 May 2012

ACT LIKE A WOMAN, THINK LIKE A CAVEMAN

With the release of the feature film version based on Steve Harvey's best seller THINK LIKE A MAN, all of America was talking, tweeting, and facebooking it's release and headed to the cinemas to watching driving it straight to the top making it #1 Movie in America.


Just about every famous African American got behind it and supported even if they did not feature in it.

Think Like a Man follows four interconnected and diverse men whose love lives are shaken up after the ladies they are pursuing buy Harvey’s book and start taking his advice to heart. When the band of brothers realize they have been betrayed by one of their own, they conspire using the book’s insider information to turn the tables and teach the women a lesson of their own. (Taken from their official website).

Starring: Michael Ealy, Jerry Ferrara , Meagan Good, Regina Hall, Kevin Hart, Taraji P. Henson, Terrence J, Jenifer Lewis, Romany Malco,Gary Owen, Gabrielle Union, Chris Brown

Directed By: Tim Story 

Written By: Keith Merryman & David A. Newman 
Produced By: Will Packer 

Think Like a Man is apparently, it is a very funny movie, I really hope it makes it to Australia.  Unfortunately, we never get movies of this type in Australia.


Here's the trailer:


Along with every good movie comes a soundtrack. The title track "Think Like A Man" featuring Jennifer Hudson, Neyo & Rick Ross is a great one.






JENNIFER HUDSON
THINK LIKE A MAN
I just love the clip it features woman shaking it in corporate attire and Jennifer Hudson 
looks radiant. I just love her outfit, the woman is all class.


Her verse:
"Why you call me your dream bed
And foolish of me I believe that
You said every king needs his queen babe
That's why you needed me baby
Right in between lost and love


You go and mess things up
Now there's no we babe
There's just you and there's me baby

There was us, there was trust
There was happen and change, I know
Silly you, silly me, silly us, what a waste"  


NEYO
THINK LIKE A MAN

The song also features one of my favourite artists NEYO.


He ads that Neyo smoothness to  the track.


Neyo's verse:
"Now I'm gonna keep it realer with you now that I ever been
Wish we would never been, girl we was better friends
You didn't had to tell me, what went right and when
Um why I didn't need it,
Cause you wasn't my girlfriend, we had a good thing
You were a combining hitting, ooh give me that good thang
Then after we were finished,
You go your way, I go my way, it was whatever
Tell me what ever happens
Think this wanna gonna be better
And now i'm telling you lies,
All because I hate to see the tears in your eyes
Of course I want my cake, and needed too, i'm a guy
And of course, you don't understand,
But you would if you thought like a man in love"



The BO$$ Rick Ross comes in for the break down:
"Time cost money and it's so expensive
Versace, lenny got these women blowing kisses
Leaning on my auto, she's so photogenic
Can I take a picture, she's my mona lisa
Living like a princess in a fairy tale
You know them people up in barney show and tell

Bentley black and not a ninja see no poney tail 5 karat yellow diamond you don't know me well
Penthouse, set the drunks, it don't call and sell
She called the night at twom I had to call the cab
You don't understand it's altitude i'm balling at
I'm at the game on the wood where the owner at"

I'm not too sure what he is trying to say in this verse. Maybe I have to watch the movie.  I think he's just in the track because it's "Maybach Music".  The BO$$ has flo tho! This song however, does take me back to the old skool format - Singer/s with Rapper in the breakdown.  Kevin Hart is a crack-up!

My favourite part is the bridge:  
"So different but the same,
Boy you taught me everything
Yeah you show me how you think,
You're the only one to blame
It's such a shame,
Yeah you lost the game, but you taught me how to play"

Most men have a caveman mentality and are unevolved, and unfortunately for the most part their thoughts are driven by the appendage that sits between their legs. 


So watch out Ladies! Protect your heart. Go for the intelligent ones.

The message is clear here:

"In love, love, love
You gotta act like a woman, and think like a man
But in love, love, love
You gotta act like a woman and think like a man
Act like a woman, act like a woman
Gotta act like a woman"

I'm preaching don't settle for less than you expect. 

LEAVE the PLAYA! DON'T PLAY the GAME!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your feedback funny man! I will try and make them more interesting next time just for you! :)

    ReplyDelete